Friday, September 21, 2007

Just a little Welcome

I must preface this blog and say I am not sure how much time I will be blogging during October. I recently started a new job at Fresno Pacific as Admissions Counselor and October will be filled with travel, travel, travel!

With that in mind here we go!

I must start with the elephant in the blog right off and just say how much of a blessing my new job is! Not only am I working with great people at a great University, but I am liking what I am doing. I must say thanks to Luke and Jenn my dear friends that told me about the job opening, otherwise I probably would have never applied and still be working killing mosquitos!
I definately see the hand of God in getting this job. I was getting to a point where the summer was nearing the end and I still didn't have anything solid lined up. I had substitute teaching to fall back on (God bless all you subs!), but that is not something to build a career on. I actually had about 3 days to complete my application and resume before I left to the Dominican Republic for 2 weeks. I got it done with the help of my mother (thanks a ton) reading over it and making corrections. But the rest is history.

I will probably have many updates throughout my travel in LA for all those lovely college fairs! So come back soon for future updates.


-Mike



"Is your faith in Christ enough to raise you above your circumstances?"--Brad Bell (The Well Community Church)

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Congrats on the start of your blog and your new career! I have a friend who's out of work, and your story of finding this job is a great reminder to me that sometimes the next great move God has planned may be just around a very short corner. We'll all look forward to reading future posts.

Tricia said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!
Any chance you're coming far north for a college fair? We'd love to have you visit!

Mike said...

Unfortunately I will not be coming up North. My region is the South Valley and LA. But if I do come up there I will definately make a point to see you guys!