Friday, April 11, 2008

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!


I am sure most of my regular readers, once again Andrew, know that I am an avid Kansas Jayhawks Basketball fan. And unless you have just been hiding in a dark closet you know Kansas just achieved college basketball royalty by winning the NCAA National Championship!


All I really wanted to do was tell you how excited I am; that's all for now.


I lied...there is one more thing I would like to hit on in this post. I am glad that the lust of money is not that strong for some people. Bill Self, Kansas' head coach, was offered a $6,000,000 signing bonus with a ridiculous $4 million dollar/year contract to become the head coach at his Alma Mater Oklahoma State University. I am proud to say that in this instance money was not the primary focus. Don't get me wrong, Bill Self did get a hefty raise from KU, I believe $1 million a year, but he realized money cannot buy happiness. I mean who would want to leave a program where every year you can expect to contend nationally and get McDonald All-Americans in each recruiting class.

I have never attended a game at Phog Allen Fieldhouse, aka "The Phog", but would imagine there are not many better places in the country to call your home court.


All you need to know is the Rock Chalk Chant!


Roooooocccccckkkkk Chhhaaaaallllkkkkk Jaaaaaayyyyhaaaaawwwkkk K........U.........

0 comments: