Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thirsty Thursday: Grace is Sufficient

"To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surprisingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."--1 Corinthians 12:7-10

Last night I had a conversation with a good friend of mine, Dave Obwald. We were talking about a season of life I am going through right now and he kept reminding me, "grace is sufficient." Later that night when I was ready for bed I could keep hearing that run through my head; my grace is sufficient...yeah I know, I told myself. My grace is sufficient; yeah. I know. My grace is sufficient; yeah God I know. My grace is sufficient.

I felt like I was in the scene of Good Will Hunting when Robin Williams keeps telling Matt Damon that "it's not your fault. It's not your fault." It is very easy to just brush that statement off and not do anything with it. I've heard the phrase, my grace is sufficient, a million times and probably nodded my head every time. I am just thankful that I have people around me to strengthen and encourage me in times of weakness.

Last night I really needed the reminder that God's grace is sufficient. Especially, when relationships get tough it is easy for me to take over and try to do things on my own. I just need to remember "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

3 comments:

jason said...

good stuff dude!

Jeff Zimmerman said...

Hey man, how you doin? Long time no see. Hope things are well. Grace is sufficient. Lets grab lunch real soon.

Glenn Bean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.