Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thirsty Thursdays

In an effort to keep my blogging consistent I am attempting to start a new feature on the Wide World of Mike that also might give you a little quenching.

So here it goes; the first every 'THIRSTY THURSDAY' post!


My thoughts behind it.

--> The Name: Well as many of you know Thursdays are a popular day at home games for the Fresno Grizzlies. It means there are $1 beers. This is an excuse for poor college students to go out the the ballgame and get drunk.

--> One of my good friends Gene Pensiero started a 'Positive Post Tuesday' to recognize someone who influenced him or just made him smile during the week. This is where I draw my genious from.

--> Finally, the premise is to just share a quick note from The Word of God to hopefully quench your thirst on Thursday!


THIRSTY THURSDAY

This morning while doing my devotions I was reading through Matthew 18. This chapter is Jesus telling parables to his disciples. He speaks about the Lost Sheep, how to confront your brother, the servant who had his debt canceled and Jesus' response to "Who is the Greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven".

I want to focus on the last one there. The disciples asked, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" Most would expect a deep theological response, but not Jesus. He simply brings over a child and tells the disciples, "whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Probably not what the disciples were looking for.

My encouragement for you on this Thirsty Thursday is to have the faith of a child. When we come to Jesus with child-like expectation we will be blessed.

[We are becoming obsessed with the moments when God did come and speak with us, and we are insisting that He do it again. But what God wants us to do is to "walk by faith." --Oswald Chambers]

Go to the Well of Christ today and be thirsty no more!!

4 comments:

gene pensiero said...

--
love the new series. looking forward to lots of thirsty thursdays.

jason said...

Nice post...

good idea!

Luke Mundy said...

Love it! I look forward to more!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the challenge and encouragement, Miguel. Love, Your Sis