Friday, May 30, 2008

Thirsty Thursday: On Friday


I am coming to you today from the San Jose Airport. I am flying to Boston for a work conference, or that is what I am telling everyone.


Before we get onto more pressing matters I must start by saying I just stood behind Jerry Rice in the security line at the airport!! And no I did not talk to him. I wanted so badly, but felt I would try to be respectful and not bug him. That is also another excuse for saying I was chicken! But we did get this paparazzi picture.


No that I have that behind me I may proceed. The last week has been one of turmoil and really seeking God's will. Over the last few weeks I have been going through the struggle of knowing I need to seek after God with all my heart, but not really having the desire to. I have been really trying to follow along in my life journal reading plan to keep me consistent. Over the past week I have done well following that and it has really encouraged me. I have been reading through Proverbs and Romans with the reading plan.


From Proverbs I have been reading about seeking wisdom. All through the passages I have been reminded that if I truly seek after God's wisdom He will grant it to me. One passage that stood out to me is Proverbs 3:7-8 "Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones."


In Romans I have been encouraged by God's promise that I am His own and free from the bondage of sin. It is very easy to fall back into the cycle of feeling overwhelmed by the sin nature in me. It is here in Romans that God uses Paul to remind me that God died and overcame the power of sin. Romans 8:1-2 "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death."


Well I am about to board the plan so I hope you find this encouraging today even though it's a day late!

1 comments:

Renee Harder said...

Hey Mike! It seems as though you let your childhood dream get away from you....haha. Renee and I have recently found your blog. We are totally encouraged by it and are thankful for who you are in God and who God is in you.
Things are going well down in Guadalajara. We are learning a ton and enjoying life. God is good and it is such a joy to be able to live with Him here at this point in our lives. One day at a time.
Gracie is walking like crazy. She said her first spanish word last week, "agua" too cute! Anyway, we love and miss you. Bye for now. Jake, Renee, and Gracie :)