Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thirsty Thursday: Solitude

I must start today with a quick confessions. I have really enjoyed the way that my blog has given me another avenue to write down my thoughts on life. I have a journal that I try to write in everyday, but the blog has a different feel to it. It is a place where I can write about my victories or my defeats as I keep walking with Jesus. It is public so everyone has the opportunity to read it. I appreciate the words of encouragement my friends give me through this form of communication. And I love reading about whats going on in their lives as they blog away.

A while back I was in a small group with some guys at FPU. Dave Obwald was the point man with Bryan Feil and myself as his back-up. It was really neat to get to know some of the guys that were students at FPU since I have been out for a couple years. We used the study guide for 'Celebration of Disciple' by Richard Foster as a launching pad for our discussion. I want to share a few bits of that about the disciple of SOLITUDE.

"The less we are mesmerized by human voices, the more we are able to hear the divine Voice. The less we are bound by other's expectations, the more we are open to God's expectation"

"In time, however, we found that solitude did not give us power to win the rat race; on the contrary, it taught us to ignore the struggle altogether."

"God takes this 'useless' Discipline, this 'wasted time,' to make us His Friend"
Enjoy your solitude today!

p.s. The red and blue text is my simple way of saying BULLDOGS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPS!


Add to Google

0 comments: