Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Reflection

I just wanted to tell whole blogging world about my weekend. As you know it was Father's Day weekend and I hope all of you had the chance to spend some quality time with your Dads.
On Saturday, it has been a family tradition to go up to Pinehurst where my Aunt's parents have a cabin and celebrate over ribs and BB guns. It is a unique thing because it brings together sometimes 3 different sets of families. My mom and dad's sides, and then my aunt's side that own the cabin. This year we had ages represented from 6 weeks to 65+. So to say the least there is a lot of experience to draw from.

As I mentioned before we dine on ribs! I don't have ribs very often and these ones are just so good. The meal is definitely a quality part of the day. So we sat around shooting the wind for a while, then decided we would go on a nice hike. We walked through some small meadow that was just buzzing with thousands of lady bugs. I really don't mind lady bugs, but they were all over the place. Later on during the day we went up behind the cabin where they have a horse shoe pit. Let me tell you, playing a little horse shoes is some great relaxing fun!

Sunday came around and I was able to have family over at my house for a bbq. This is one thing that is really fun about my extended family. We always jump at the chance to get together and break bread. We bbq'd sirloin burgers from Costco and went swimming. Just a grand ole time with the family.

Thats my Fathers Day recap for you all. Hope you have a great week!

Mike


Add to Google

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

--
nice. thanks for the update.

Andrew said...

Sounds fun - wish we could have been there!

Unknown said...

I & mom had a great time at your house on Fathers day. The food was good and the company was also good. It's good to have a family that is able to go at any time. Mike also like your blogs

Thanks Dad